CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Take up your cross and follow Christ


Luke 9:23-24

Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.

Matt. 10:38
And he who does not take up his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me.

John 12:25
The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

2 Timothy 3:12
Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

2 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Sarah,
That's one of the things that most non Christians fear about- the persecutions and sufferings. I must admit that when I first accepted Jesus Christ into my life and one elder told me about this that I developed cold feet. I thought to myself during that time that I have endured so much hardships in my life before and it was with trepidation that I took that warning. Little did I know that I would be suffering more for the Lord than what I imagined then, but the sufferings were so sweet and tender because the Lord was with me all the time to comfort me and give me His own strength. Yes, as good Christians, we are ready and able to suffer more and carry our own crosses for Him who gives us strength and who share in our sufferings. Thanks for the wonderful post. God bless you and your family always.

Mommy said...

kuya Mel

I agree in everythin you said you're really good in putting it into words.